BuySellMalawi.com is only a facilitator for buyers and sellers. Here you can find advice on how to stay safe while trading on BuySellMalawi.com
Safety for buyers
1. Meet the seller in a public place and bring a friend.
2. Don´t bring cash until you know you want to buy the product.
3. Always see and inspect the product before buying.
4. Ask how the product will be delivered
5. Agree how payment and delivery will be made
Safety for seller
1. Ensure you upload an accurate image of the product
2. Ensure that the contacts you have listed are active
3. Ensure you meet the buyer in a public place
4. Beware of fake messages, demand a phone number
Scams and frauds to watch out for
Fake payment services. We do not offer any form of payment scheme or protection. Please report any emails claiming to offer such services. We advice you not to use any online payment services or escrow sites unless you are 100% sure that they are genuine.
Fake information requests. If you receive an email from us asking for any personal details, we recommend that you contact us immediately to avoid potential scams. Fake fee requests. BuySellMalawi.com request no payment for its service therefore you must report to us with the details of anyone who ask for extra fees to buy or sell an item or service. Please be aware that scammers use transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Avoid requests to use these services because many use these as a scarm.